Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Whole New World....

No, I'm not talking about Aladdin and Jasmine's magic carpet ride.  If they thought that opened their eyes to a whole new world, just wait until they have a baby...


Kaden LeDoux Smith joined us on September 4, 2009 at 9:04 p.m.  He weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and was 20 inches long.  I rarely think newborn babies are cute, but he totally was.  He's amazing!  From his adorable ears to his teeny tiny toes, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby.  The morning sickness (which was actually every-hour-every-day-for-2-months sickness), the aching back, the fat feet...it was all worth it.  I can't even believe how much I love this little boy.  Good thing, too, because his arrival really introduced me to "a whole new world".


The world of Motherhood is incredibly exhausting.  I'm sure all existing mothers knew this, but for those of you who have not yet had the pleasure, get ready.  Forget about trying to keep up with baby, family, friends, school, and housework.  There is only so much time in the day to allot to each one, and "baby" certainly gets the largest slice of the time pie.  I no longer have lengthy phone conversations with my mother or go out for ice cream with my friends on Tuesday evening.  My usually immaculate home is in ruins (okay, that's an exaggeration, but I'm pretty obsessive about cleaning and organizing, and for me, this place is a disaster...).  And when, exactly, am I supposed to sleep?  I mean, the books say, "Sleep when the baby sleeps."  Ha!  What a joke.  When the baby sleeps, I have to do homework, pay bills, do laundry, eat a quick bite, clean the floors, and take a shower.  I am so tired!!

Of course none of that matters, because this little baby means more to me than anything else.  He's next to me right now, making precious baby noises in his sleep.  I love him so much - I just can't get enough of him!  Yes, he turned my world upside down, but it's so hard to care when he's this adorable...

No comments:

Post a Comment