Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, New Roommates


So, it is now 2009.  I have a new blog, a new onslaught of classes, so hey, why not some new roommates as well?  I mean, I didn't hate Kami and Rodney living with me, it's just...how do I put this?  Some things are just better left unsaid.  I'll just go with "it wasn't workin' out for me anymore."  I was sort of feeling like an alien in my own home...which sucks, because it was a nice home.  I put in a yard.  Looking back, I guess I was being forced out from the beginning.  But whaddya do?  Find a new place to live, apparently...

When I return from my winter break, I will be moving in with my friend Miah and his cousin, Tim.  "But Lindsey..." you say, "How can living with two boys be more tolerable than living with your sister and her husband?  And how can you go from living in an adorable two-story duplex to living in a somewhat-creepy and uneven basement?"  Well, I'm glad you asked.  And I reply, "Fraction of the rent, clean, quiet, with dishwasher, Wii, cable, and internet included.  Oh, and it's right by the college.  And I have my own shower and toilet.  And they actually like my cat."  So there you have it.  Here's to a better semester!

1 comment: