Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Mommy-Do

My friend, Casey, and I found out we were pregnant just weeks apart.  Her first question to me was:

"You're not gonna cut your hair, are you?"

I assured her that I was not.  She had seen too many friends trade their long, silky locks for the kid-friendly "Mommy-Do" and she did not want me to be next.  No worries, Case.  I love my hair.

Except that after Kaden was born, I didn't.

All of a sudden, I had a newborn demanding my attention at all times.  I couldn't shower at my leisure anymore.  If I did get to wash my hair, I barely had time to dry it - forget about the straightener or anything else.  The messy bun became my go-to look, everyday.  Now Kaden is three months old and he's starting to grab things.  Dangling toys, glasses, and, yes, hair.  I was just done with it.  It was too long, too thin, too annoying.  It had to go.

I have never had my hair cut in a salon ever.  I don't color my hair, I don't get it styled, and until recently, I didn't even know where a salon was located.  I was driving to Costco the other day though and I passed Moxie on Main Street.  The phone number was on the sign, so I grabbed my cell, dialed, and scheduled an appointment.  Casey my friend, the deed has been done.  And it's not awful, it's adorable.  :)






Your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment